- First test : 1982
- Wiki page : View page
- Number of teams (est) : 50
- Website : View page
- Results : View result history
Although now predominantly recognised as a Sevens playing nation, Netherlands were one of the earliest adopters of women’s rugby at XV level, playing their first international before many established European rugby nations in 1982 against France. But it is in the Sevens game that they are now mainly focusing on with funding for a fulltime programme in place making them the first set of players to turn professional in the lead-up to the inclusion of Sevens at the 2016 Olympics.
- Sunday November 04th 2018read more
Spain have won the Elche sevens, a major European warm-up tournament.
- Sunday July 08th 2018read more
The Netherlands and Ukraine will be back at the top level of European Sevens next year after...
- Tuesday July 03rd 2018read more
It’s the second leg of the of the European Trophy, and the main question seems to be “who will...
- Sunday June 24th 2018read more
The Netherlands comfortably won the first leg of the European Trophy and look comfortable...
- Monday June 18th 2018read more
Dnipro in eastern Ukraine hosts a fascinating European Trophy first leg this weekend.
- Friday April 20th 2018read more
Seven teams from Europe’s second tier warm up for the new sevens season this weekend in Bonn
- Saturday March 03rd 2018read more
Spain won an expected European Championship this weekend with a largely young team that will be...
- Tuesday February 27th 2018read more
Netherlands and Spain reached Saturday's European Championship final with convincing wins in...