- First test : 1989
- Wiki page : View page
- Number of teams (est) : 141
- Website : View page
- Results : View result history
Spain played their first test in 1989 against France. For a time they competed in the Women’s Six Nations but this was altered so that Italy replaced them and the tournament mirrored the men’s. Spain competed at the 1991 World Cup but missed out on 1994 due to finance problems. They won the European Championships in 1995. Spain hosted the 2002 World Cup in Barcelona, where they finished 8th. They failed to qualify for the 2010 WC but have made huge progress on the Sevens front and are a leading European side on this front.
- Monday August 10th 2020read more
Confirmation today that the outstanding European Championship games will take place this autumn...
- Sunday January 19th 2020read more
An impressive all-round Scots performance inflicted the first defeat for a full-strength Spanish...
- Saturday November 16th 2019read more
The Spanish close out 2019 with 100% record after a powerful French Occitan XV came from behind...
- Sunday November 03rd 2019read more
Spain’s preparations for next year’s World Cup qualifiers took another step forward today (3rd ...
- Sunday September 22nd 2019read more
Spain completed their three-match South African tour with a 29-12 test-match win against the...
- Saturday September 14th 2019read more
Spain have won the opening game of their three-match South African tour.
- Saturday March 30th 2019read more
A crowd of near 9000 – comfortably a record for women’s rugby in Spain – watched their team...
- Saturday February 23rd 2019read more
Despite a brave effort by Russia, Spain were easy winners of the first European Championship...