- First test : 1985
- Wiki page : View page
- Number of teams (est) : 30
- Website : View page
- Results : View result history
The Italians played their first ever game of international rugby in 1985 against France. Currently Italy compete in the 6 Nations and the European Championships while they also qualified and competed in the World Cups of 1998 and 2002 but failed to qualify in 2006 or 2010. They have previously won a couple of FIRA European Nations Cups and a FIRA European Championship and have begun to compete at Sevens level internationally.
- Wednesday February 26th 2020read more
Ireland v Italy has become the second women's game to fall victim to the ongoing risks around...
- Sunday February 23rd 2020read more
Italy v Scotland was postponed today
- Saturday February 08th 2020read more
France picked up the first bonus point win of the 2020 Six Nations with a six-try win over Italy...
- Sunday February 02nd 2020read more
Despite some magnificent defence by Wales, Italy gained a deserved 19-15 victory in the opening...
- Saturday November 16th 2019read more
Italy drew 17-17 against Japan, sixteenth in the international rankings, in the test-match in L'...
- Sunday March 17th 2019read more
Italy have finished runners-up in the 2019 Six Nations – and totally deserve the honour after...
- Saturday March 09th 2019read more
A record breaking 10,545 spectators, more than any international women’s rugby match in England...
- Sunday February 24th 2019read more
Italy's fine form continued with a 29-27 win over Ireland - their first win over the Irish in...